10.10.2010

Social Insurance Number.. and Twitch?

Hi all,
So I was wondering, have you guys ever had experiences with your government that were just strange? I've been living in BC for 2 years almost, but still don't have a Social Insurance Number. This is because, when I went to the place that gave them out, they said I couldn't show them a Canadian passport, because it didn't indicate "citizenship". They told me instead to bring my Canadian Citizenship Card, which, oh what a coincidence, is required for a Canadian passport. What's the point of this? There are some seriously pointless rules in place that just seem to HAVE to be reinforced by staff, despite not being logical. Let me know about your experiences with pointless, yet upheld rules in bureaucracy, be it government or company!

As you all know, I went out a couple days ago for my friend's birthday. We went to a pretty low key place, some club called The Academic. Music wasn't really my scene, it was mostly mainstream top 40 crap, as well as the usual "Don't Stoopppp Beliieeeevvinnnn" etc etc. But one song that was played really got me thinking back to the summer: Hold Yuh (Major Lazer Remix) by Gyptian. A pretty chill kind of track, with rasta vocals and a progressive synth. I really love this song, saw Major Lazer live back in summer and it was amazing. If you ever get the chance to, make sure you see them! The live act is insane!
Here's the song:



I've been playing LoL again, if you're interesting in playing, here's my referral link:

https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4bf85cd4a16b9

It's a free to play game which picked up 5 awards at the Game Developers Conference: the Choice Online Audience Award, Best Online Game Design, Best Visual Arts, Best Online Technology, and Best New Online Game. Needless to say, it's a great game!
For those of you who already play.. You all know it's free champion weekend! So I decided to try a character that I've long regarded as being overpowered: Twitch. These are the results:
I just used the same runes I use with Shaco, and the same item build. It works better on twitch than it does on Shaco! However, the hero is extremely squishy and on occasion I went negative in terms of score, at least for the early game phase. By the way, the above are my first 6 games as Twitch, never played him before.

Since you guys mostly loved that art by Los Piratos from last week, here's another sample of their work, as well as a couple pieces I'm really digging.
Glueschool

Guard

Hannibal Vector

Los Piratos

Los Piratos

Well, hoped you guys enjoyed this Sunday update! Let me know which piece of art you think is the nicest!




29 comments:

  1. thats some nice pictures. that takes skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read! Looking forward to reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try that glued paper street art sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those take an active imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. League of Legends sure looks nice, will try it out. its almost as DoTA or?

    ReplyDelete
  6. upheld by bureaucracy, watch family guy and the creation of the DMV

    ReplyDelete
  7. major lazer live... my mind was blown

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come to know something today....

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's was a cool song. Great artwork too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creepy yet imaginative images. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of my friends play LoL. I used to have people who played HoN but of course that went retail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. fair range of topics covered right thar

    ReplyDelete
  13. i hate dealing with the gubmint...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the Los Piratos stuff, just the style. Always looking for new music, also...

    ReplyDelete
  15. USA has pointless rules like that too. Hope everything works out. Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Los Piratos is Spanish for the pirates. Free Spanish lesson, next one will cost you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice song. I think im going to add it to my study list. And LOL is awesome game. I started this summer. I use to bash Dota people. but look at me now. HIPPOCRIT.

    take care bro :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. stickers are so cool, but i still love graffitis more

    ReplyDelete